Clinical Practice Guidelines and Recommendations
- A compilation of evidence-based American College of Physicians (ACP) guidelines for management of chronic diseases, ACP guidelines for antibiotic use in adult upper respiratory tract infection, and U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) guidelines for screening for common conditions.
- Type of Book: A multiauthored hardbound textbook on Parkinson disease and other movement disorders.
- Type of Book: A comprehensive multiauthored text on venous and lymphatic disorders.
- Because of the rapid expansion of scientific information in many medical specialties, primary-care physicians, as well as medical students, have found it difficult to glean a basic understanding of many disease processes from the increasingly complex subspecialty literature. Recently, numerous atlases and textbooks have been published to aid the busy medical student or clinician in attaining this basic knowledge. Any specialist who wishes to enlighten others about his specialty, however, faces the difficult assignment of determining which facts at his disposal are of interest and value to his primary-care colleagues and which will only burden or bore them.
- Older statistics indicated that cancer occurred in approximately 1 in 1,000 pregnant women; because women now often wait until later years to have children, an increase in the number of pregnant women with cancer might be expected. This book deals with the problems of most of the common malignant lesions seen during pregnancy.