- We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked, and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved, and uncared for is the greatest poverty. Mother Teresa
- Coronary atherosclerosis risk is strongly associated with elevated levels of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C).1 Elevated serum triglycerides are also associated with increased coronary risk, but controversy exists over whether triglycerides (TGs) themselves are atherogenic or merely reflect a surrogate marker for other cardiometabolic disorders including low high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C), diabetes mellitus, and obesity.2-5 An important clinical question is whether patients at high atherogenic risk, currently on statin medication, need additional specific treatment for hypertriglyceridemia if it is present.
- It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way… Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities (1859)
- Zhou Enlai (the first premier of the People’s Republic of China), when asked his opinion of the impact of the French Revolution (of 1789) in an interview conducted in 1968 during the height of the Paris student riots, is reported to have stated that it was “too early to tell.”
- A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a songMaya Angelou