Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pioglitazone, vitamin E, or placebo for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 1675-1685https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa0907929
- Pharmacological management of obesity: an endocrine society clinical practice guideline.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015; 100: 342-362https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2014-3415
- Incretin therapies: highlighting common features and differences in the modes of action of glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists and dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2016; 18: 203-216https://doi.org/10.1111/dom.12591
- Liraglutide and cardiovascular outcomes in type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 311-322https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1603827
- SGLT2 inhibitors for primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular and renal outcomes in type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis of cardiovascular outcome trials.Lancet. 2019; 393: 31-39https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(18)32590-X
- Effect of low-fat vs low-carbohydrate diet on 12-month weight loss in overweight adults and the association with genotype pattern or insulin secretion.JAMA. 2018; 319: 667-679https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2018.0245
- Once-weekly semaglutide in adults with overweight or obesity.N Engl J Med. 2021; 384: 989-1002https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa2032183
- Cardiovascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes and obesity: comparison of gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, and usual care.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: 2552-2563https://doi.org/10.2337/dc20-3023
- Gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy for type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis of outcomes.Obes Surg. 2013; 12: 1994-2003https://doi.org/10.1007/s11695-013-1030-z
- Comparison of metabolic outcomes in patients undergoing laparoscopic roux-en-Y gastric bypass versus sleeve gastrectomy: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.Swiss Med Wkly. 2018; 148w14633https://doi.org/10.4414/smw.2018.14633
- Meta-analysis of the effectiveness of laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding versus laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy for obesity.Medicine (Baltimore). 2019; 98e14735https://doi.org/10.1097/MD.0000000000014735
- Diabetes resolution at 10 years after biliopancreatic diversion in overweight and class 1 obese patients with type 2 diabetes.Obes Surg. 2022; 32: 845-851https://doi.org/10.1007/s11695-021-05870-4
Dr. Kohlenberg is currently affiliated with the University of Minnesota Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, 516 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455. Dr. Christensen will be leaving for UC Davis Health Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism as of 7/15/22.
See end of article for correct answers to questions.