Abbreviations and Acronyms:EHR (electronic health record), HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), IRB (Mayo Clinic Institutional Review Board), PTrax (Participant Tracking System)
- Digitizing clinical trials.Npj Digit Med. 2020; 3: 101
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of the magnitude of structural, clinical, and physician and patient barriers to cancer clinical trial participation.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2019; 111: 245-255
- The impact of COVID-19 on clinical trial execution at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2020; (Online ahead of print)https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/dja144
- COVID-19 ethics and research.Mayo Clin Proc. 2020; 95: 1119-1123
- Impact of COVID-19 in paediatric early-phase cancer clinical trials in Europe: a report from the Innovative Therapies for Children with Cancer (ITCC) consortium.Eur J Cancer. 2020; 141: 82-91
- Remote research and clinical trial integrity during and after the coronavirus pandemic.JAMA. 2021; 325: 1935-1936
- COVID-19 and cancer clinical trials.Natl Cancer Inst. 2020; (Online ahead of print)https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djaa162
Guidance Document. FDA guidance on conduct of clinical trials of medical products during the COVID-19 pandemic: guidance for industry, investigators, and institutional review boards. Rockville, MD: Food and Drug Administration; FDA-2020-D1106-0002.
- Guidance for NIH-funded clinical trials and human subjects studies affected by COVID-19.National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD2020
- Additional guidance regarding alternative procedures for clinical trials supported by the NCI Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program (CTEP) and NCI Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP) affected by the spread of the novel coronavirus: memorandum.National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD2020
- Transforming the activation of clinical trials.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2018; 103: 43-46
- COVID-19, social justice, and clinical cancer research.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2020; (Online ahead of print)https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djaa162
- Jones Buie JN, Voeks JH. Impact of COVID-19 on clinical research and inclusion of diverse populations.Ethn Dis. 2020; 30: 429-432
- Qualitative assessment of rapid system transformation to primary care video visits at an academic medical center.Ann Intern Med. 2020; 173: 527-535
Bharucha AE, Wi CI, Srinivasan SG, et al. Participation of rural patients in clinical trials at a multisite academic medical center [published online July 12, 2021]. J Clin Transl Sci. http://doi.org/10.1017/cts.2021.813.
- At what cost to clinical trial enrollment? A retrospective study of patient travel burden in cancer clinical crials.Oncologist. 2018; 23: 1242-1249
- Financial burden of cancer clinical trial participation and the impact of a cancer care equity program.Oncologist. 2016; 21: 467-474
- Addressing the financial burden of cancer clinical trial participation: longitudinal effects of an equity intervention.Oncologist. 2019; 24: 1048-1055
- Ways to lower costs of clinical trials and how CROs help.Am Pharm Rev. April 30, 2016;
Grant Support: This study was supported in part by National Institutes of Health 's (NIH) Clinical and Translational Science Awards program Grant UL1TR000135 . The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH.
Potential Competing Interests: The authors report no competing interests.