Patients and Methods
Abbreviations and Acronyms:DVT (deep vein thrombosis), LMWH (low-molecular-weight heparin), NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug), PE (pulmonary embolism), VTE (venous thromboembolism)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Antithrombotic therapy for VTE disease: CHEST guideline and expert panel report.Chest. 2016; 149: 315-352
- Systematic review of the complications following isolated calf deep vein thrombosis.Br J Surg. 2016; 103: 789-796
- The Anticoagulation of Calf Thrombosis (ACT) project: results from the randomized controlled external pilot trial.Chest. 2014; 146: 1468-1477
- A meta-analysis of anticoagulation for calf deep venous thrombosis.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 56: 228-237
- Low risk is not enough: the dilemma of calf vein thrombosis.Lancet Haematol. 2016; 3: e548-e549
- Need for long-term anticoagulant treatment in symptomatic calf-vein thrombosis.Lancet. 1985; 2: 515-518
- Optimal duration of treatment in surgical patients with calf venous thrombosis involving one or more veins.Angiology. 2006; 57: 418-423
- Therapy of isolated calf muscle vein thrombosis: a randomized, controlled study.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 52: 1246-1250
- Anticoagulant therapy for symptomatic calf deep vein thrombosis (CACTUS): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Lancet Haematol. 2016; 3: e556-e562
- Calf vein thrombosis comparison of outcomes for axial and muscular venous thrombosis.Thromb Haemost. 2020; 121: 216-223
- Definition of major bleeding in clinical investigations of antihemostatic medicinal products in non-surgical patients.J Thromb Haemost. 2005; 3: 692-694
- Definition of clinically relevant non-major bleeding in studies of anticoagulants in atrial fibrillation and venous thromboembolic disease in non-surgical patients: communication from the SSC of the ISTH.J Thromb Haemost. 2015; 13: 2119-2126
- Evolution of untreated calf deep-vein thrombosis in high risk symptomatic outpatients: the blind, prospective CALTHRO study.Thromb Haemost. 2010; 104: 1063-1070
- Warfarin sodium versus low-dose heparin in the long-term treatment of venous thrombosis.N Engl J Med. 1979; 301: 855-858
Potential Competing Interests: The authors report no competing interests.