- 1.Have you found signs my cancer is or isn’t responding to the study drug?
- 2.How does my experience compare with other patients in this trial?
- 3.Should I keep taking the drug at my current dose, or should we change the dose—or even stop it?
- Phillips S.D.
- Learning from our patients: one participant’s impact on clinical trial research and informed consent.Ann Intern Med. 1997; 126: 892-897
- Comment on Wages et al, Coherence principles in interval-based dose finding. Pharmaceutical Statistics 2019, doi:10.1002/pst.1974 [published online ahead of print March 29, 2020].(Pharm Stat)
- Dose titration algorithm tuning (DTAT) should supersede ‘the’ maximum tolerated dose (MTD) in oncology dose-finding trials.F1000Res. 2017; 6: 112
- Precautionary coherence unravels dose escalation designs.(bioRxiv)
- Swimmer plot: tell a graphical story of your time to response data using PROC SGPLOT. In: PharmaSUG 2014 Conference Proceedings; June 1-4, 2014; San Diego, CA. Paper DG07.https://www.pharmasug.org/proceedings/2014/DG/PharmaSUG-2014-DG07.pdfDate accessed: October 19, 2019
Potential Competing Interests: Dr Norris operates a scientific and statistical consultancy focused on precision medicine methodologies such as those advanced in this letter. Dr Sen reports research funding for clinical trials (paid in full to his institution) from Loxo , Jacobio , Exelixis , GlaxoSmithKline , BioAtla , Xencor , Epizyme , Abbisko Therapeutics , Fujifilm , Synthorx , Turning Point Therapeutics , Daiichi-Sankyo , and Tesaro. Dr Groisberg reports consultancy/advisory board fees from Regeneron. Dr Subbiah reports research funding/grant support for clinical trials from Roche / Genentech , Novartis , Bayer , GlaxoSmithKline , NanoCarrier , Vegenics , Celgene , Northwest Biotherapeutics , Berg Health , Incyte , Fujifilm , PharmaMar , D3, Pfizer , MultiVir , Amgen , AbbVie , Alfasigma , Agensys , Boston Biomedical , Idera Pharmaceuticals , Inhibrx , Exelixis , Blueprint Medicines , Loxo Oncology , MedImmune , Altum, Dragonfly Therapeutics , Takeda , National Comprehensive Cancer Network , National Cancer Institute Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program , The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center , Turning Point Therapeutics , and Boston Pharmaceuticals as well as travel support from Novartis, Pharma Mar, American Society of Clinical Oncology, European Society for Medical Oncology, Helsinn, and Incyte. He reports consultant/advisory board fess from Helsinn, Loxo Oncology/Eli Lilly, R-PHARM US, Incyte, QED Pharmaceutical Services, MedImmune, and Novartis. He also reports support from Medscape .