Patients and Methods
Abbreviations and Acronyms:ICD (international classification of diseases), NIS (national inpatient sample), PAI (pure aortic insufficiency), PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention), SAVR (surgical aortic valve replacement), TAVR (transcatheter aortic valve replacement)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Percutaneous transcatheter implantation of an aortic valve prosthesis for calcific aortic stenosis: first human case description.Circulation. 2002; 106: 3006-3008
- Transcatheter aortic-valve implantation for aortic stenosis in patients who cannot undergo surgery.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 1597-1607
- Two-year outcomes after transcatheter or surgical aortic-valve replacement.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1686-1695
- Transcatheter versus surgical aortic-valve replacement in high-risk patients.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 2187-2198
- Transcatheter or surgical aortic-valve replacement in intermediate-risk patients.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 1609-1620
- Transcatheter aortic-valve replacement with a balloon-expandable valve in low-risk patients.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 1695-1705
- 2017 AHA/ACC focused update of the 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 252-289
- Expanding indications of transcatheter heart valve interventions.J Am Coll Cardiol Intv. 2015; 8: 1777-1796
- Trends and outcomes of off-label use of transcatheter aortic valve replacement: insights from the NCDR STS/ACC TVT registry.JAMA Cardiol. 2017; 2: 846-854
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement in pure native aortic valve regurgitation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 2752-2763
- Safety and efficacy of transcatheter aortic valve replacement for native aortic valve regurgitation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Cathet Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 93: 345-353
- TCT-448 transcatheter aortic valve replacement for isolated severe native aortic valve regurgitation–results from the TAVR-NAVR Registry.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: B184
- Safety and efficacy of transcatheter aortic valve replacement in the treatment of pure aortic regurgitation in native valves and failing surgical bioprostheses: results from an international registry study.J Am Coll Cardiol Intv. 2017; 10: 1048-1056
- Aortic regurgitation. Heart. 2006; 92: 994-1000
- Survival in patients with severe aortic regurgitation and severe left ventricular dysfunction is improved by aortic valve replacement: results from a cohort of 166 patients with an ejection fraction ≤ 35%.Circulation. 2009; 120: S134-S138
- Guidelines on the management of valvular heart disease (version 2012) The Joint Task Force on the Management of Valvular Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS).Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 2451-2496
- Mortality and morbidity of aortic regurgitation in clinical practice: a long-term follow-up study.Circulation. 1999; 99: 1851-1857
- A prospective survey of patients with valvular heart disease in Europe: the Euro Heart Survey on Valvular Heart Disease.Eur Heart J. 2003; 24: 1231-1243
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement for pure aortic valve regurgitation:“on-label” versus “off-label” use of TAVR devices.Clin Res Cardiol. 2019; 108: 921-930
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation for pure severe native aortic valve regurgitation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: 1577-1584
- Expansion of the indication of transcatheter aortic valve implantation: feasibility and outcome in" off-label" patients compared with" on-label" patients.J Inv Cardiol. 2015; 27: 229-236
- Comparison of the effectiveness of transcatheter aortic valve implantation in patients with pure native aortic valve regurgitation versus aortic stenosis.Eur Heart J. 2017; 38
Grant Support: No grant support was provided for this article.
Potential Competing Interests: The authors report no competing interests.