Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Association of off-label drug use and adverse drug events in an adult population.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 55-63
- After standard dosage of piperacillin plasma concentrations of drug are subtherapeutic in burn patients.Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2019; 392: 229-241
- FDA approves new antibacterial drug Avycaz [Internet]. 2015.http://web.archive.org/web/20150301183343/www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm435629.htmDate accessed: June 25, 2019
- [email protected]: FDA Approved Drug Products [Internet]. 2017.https://www.fda.gov/drugsatfdaDate accessed: April 20, 2017
- Dataset for Kuzucan et al. Approvals for use in populations specifically excluded from trials supporting FDA-approved antibiotics, 1999-2018. [Internet]. 2019.https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3265478Date accessed: May 7, 2020
- The commonality of risk factors for nosocomial colonization and infection with antimicrobial-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, enterococcus, gram-negative bacilli, Clostridium difficile, and Candida.Ann Intern Med. 2002; 136: 834-844
- Progress in the fight against multidrug-resistant bacteria 2005-2016: modern noninferiority trial designs enable antibiotic development in advance of epidemic bacterial resistance.Clin Infect Dis. 2017; 65: 141-146
- Issues in noninferiority trials: the evidence in community-acquired pneumonia.Clin Infect Dis. 2008; 47: S108-S120
- Excess deaths associated with tigecycline after approval based on noninferiority trials.Clin Infect Dis. 2012; 54: 1699-1709
- Studying new antibiotics for multidrug resistant infections: are today’s patients paying for unproved future benefits?.BMJ. 2018; 360: k587
- Progress in the fight against multidrug-resistant bacteria? A review of U.S. Food and Drug Administration–approved antibiotics, 2010–2015.Ann Intern Med. 2016; 165: 363-372
- Limited Population Pathway for Antibacterial and Antifungal Drugs: Guidance for Industry [Internet]. 2018.https://www.fda.gov/media/113729/downloadDate accessed: November 20, 2019
- 21st Century Cures Act [Internet]. 114–255 Dec 13, 2016 p. 312.https://www.congress.gov/114/plaws/publ255/PLAW-114publ255.pdfDate accessed: November 20, 2019
Potential Competing Interests: Dr Kuzucan is a post-doctoral fellow of the University of Maryland’s Epidemiology of Aging Training Program (grant# T32 AG00262). Dr Powers reports personal fees from Arrevus, Cempra, Corbus, DaVolterra, Eicos, Gilead, Genocea, Johnson & Johnson, MedImmune, Microbion, Otsuka, Roche, Romark, and Shinogi outside the submitted work. Dr Doshi is an associate editor of The BMJ and an unpaid member of the Innovation in Medical Evidence and Development Surveillance (IMEDS) steering committee at the Reagan-Udall Foundation for the FDA, which focuses on drug safety research; has received travel funds from the European Respiratory Society (2012) and Uppsala Monitoring Center (2018); and has received grants from the Laura and John Arnold Foundation (2017–2021), American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (2015), Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (2014–2016), Cochrane Methods Innovations Fund (2016–2018), and the UK National Institute for Health Research (2011–2014).