Abbreviations and Acronyms:ACS (acute coronary syndrome), AMI (acute myocardial infarction), CAD (coronary artery disease), CCTA (cardiac computed tomography angiography), ECG (electrocardiogram), ED (emergency department), hsTn (high sensitivity troponin), MACE (major adverse cardiovascular event), OMT (optimal medical therapy), PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention), UA (unstable angina)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Fourth universal definition of myocardial infarction (2018).Circulation. 2018; 138: e618-e651
- Unstable angina: is it time for a requiem?.Circulation. 2013; 127: 2452-2457
- Yield of routine provocative cardiac testing among patients in an emergency department-based chest pain unit.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 1128-1133
- Last nail in the coffin for PCI in stable angina?.Lancet. 2018; 391: 3-4
- Cardiovascular testing and clinical outcomes in emergency department patients with chest pain.JAMA Intern Med. 2017; 177: 1175-1182
- Noninvasive cardiac testing vs clinical evaluation alone in acute chest pain: a secondary analysis of the ROMICAT-II randomized clinical trial.JAMA Intern Med. 2018; 178: 212-219
- Prognostic accuracy of the HEART score for prediction of major adverse cardiac events in patients presenting with chest pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Acad Emerg Med. 2019; 26: 140-151
- Application of high-sensitivity troponin in suspected myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 2529-2540
- Stress testing in the evaluation of stable chest pain in a community population.Mayo Clin Proc. 2020; 95: 319-327
- Coronary CT angiography versus standard evaluation in acute chest pain.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 299-308
- Coronary computed tomography angiography vs functional stress testing for patients with suspected coronary artery disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA Intern Med. 2017; 177: 1623-1631
Potential Competing Interests: Dr. Choi is supported by a NIH/NCATS KL2 award and also receives research support from Allergan and Roche Diagnostics on a topic unrelated to the content of this manuscript. Dr Contractor reports no competing interests.