Patients and Methods
Abbreviations and Acronyms:CDH (congenital diaphragmatic hernia), IV (intravenous), L (lumbar), MMC (myelomeningocele), MOMS (Management of Myelomeningocele Study), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), S (sacral)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A randomized trial of prenatal versus postnatal repair of myelomeningocele.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 993-1004
- Spina bifida.Nat Rev Dis Primers. 2015; 1: 15007
- A unifying hypothesis for hydrocephalus, Chiari malformation, syringomyelia, anencephaly and spina bifida.Cerebrospinal Fluid Res. 2008; 5: 7
- Regenerative prophylaxis in utero.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2019; 105: 39-41
- Fetoscopic therapy for severe pulmonary hypoplasia in congenital diaphragmatic hernia: a first in prenatal regenerative medicine at Mayo Clinic.Mayo Clin Proc. 2018; 93: 693-700
- Prenatal regeneration in clinical practice.Mayo Clinic Proc. 2018; 93: 673-675
- Fetal pulmonary response after fetoscopic tracheal occlusion for severe isolated congenital diaphragmatic hernia.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 93-101
- A randomized controlled trial of fetal endoscopic tracheal occlusion versus postnatal management of severe isolated congenital diaphragmatic hernia.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 39: 20-27
- Hindbrain herniation in Chiari II malformation on fetal and postnatal MRI.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2017; 38: 1031-1036
- Regeneration for all: an odyssey in biotherapy.Eur Heart J. 2019; 40: 1033-1035
- Regenerative medicine curriculum for next-generation physicians.NPJ Regen Med. 2019; 4: 3
- Prenatal brain imaging for predicting need for postnatal hydrocephalus treatment in fetuses that had neural tube defect repair in utero.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 53: 324-334
- Fetal myelomeningocele repair: the post-MOMS experience at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2015; 37: 235-240
- Perinatal outcomes after open fetal surgery for myelomeningocele repair: a retrospective cohort study.BJOG. 2018; 125: 1280-1286
- Progressive hydrocephalus despite early complete reversal of hindbrain herniation after open myelomeningocele repair.Neurosurg Focus. 2019; 47: E13
- Prenatal and postnatal MRI findings in open spinal dysraphism following intrauterine repair via open versus fetoscopic surgical techniques [published online ahead of print July 27, 2019]. Prenat Diagn.
- Comparison of prenatal and postnatal treatments of spina bifida in Poland–a non-randomized, single-center study.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2014; 27: 1409-1417
- The Management of Myelomeningocele Study: obstetrical outcomes and risk factors for obstetrical complications following prenatal surgery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215: 778.e771-778.e779
- Endoscopic surgery for the antenatal treatment of myelomeningocele: the CECAM trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214: 111.e1-111.e11
Potential Competing Interests: The authors report no competing interests.