Patients and Methods
Abbreviations and Acronyms:ICU (intensive care unit), IQR (interquartile range)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Infectious Diseases Society of America/American Thoracic Society consensus guidelines on the management of community-acquired pneumonia in adults.Clin Infect Dis. 2007; 44: S27-S72
- Management of adults with hospital-acquired and ventilator-associated pneumonia: 2016 clinical practice guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the American Thoracic Society.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 63 ([published corrections appear in Clin Infect Dis. 2017;64(9):1298, Clin Infect Dis. 2017;65(8):1435, and Clin Infect Dis. 2017;65(12):2161]): e61-e111
- A guide to utilization of the microbiology laboratory for diagnosis of infectious diseases: 2018 update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the American Society for Microbiology.Clin Infect Dis. 2018; 67: e1-e94
- Invasive and chronic fungal lung infections.Ann Res Hosp. 2017; 1: 42
- Candida sp. isolated from bronchoalveolar lavage: clinical significance in critically ill trauma patients.Intensive Care Med. 2006; 32: 599-603
- Diagnostic yield of bronchoscopy in histologically proven invasive pulmonary aspergillosis.Bone Marrow Transplant. 1999; 24: 1195-1199
- The use of respiratory-tract cultures in the diagnosis of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis.Am J Med. 1996; 100: 171-178
- Significance of isolation of Aspergillus from the respiratory tract in diagnosis of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis: results from a three-year prospective study.Am J Med. 1986; 81: 249-254
- A clinical algorithm to diagnose invasive pulmonary aspergillosis in critically ill patients.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012; 186 ([published correction appears in Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012;186(8):808]): 56-64
- Epidemiology of invasive aspergillosis in critically ill patients: clinical presentation, underlying conditions, and outcomes.Crit Care. 2015; 19: 7
- Galactomannan in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid: a tool for diagnosing aspergillosis in intensive care unit patients 2008.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008; 177: 27-34
- Rapid identification of bacteria and yeast: summary of a National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards proposed guideline.Clin Infect Dis. 2001; 33: 220-225
- An official ATS Workshop Summary: recent advances and future directions in pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP).Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2006; 3: 655-664
- Pulmonary cryptococcosis: localized and disseminated infections in 27 patients with AIDS.Clin Infect Dis. 1995; 21: 628-633
- Pulmonary cryptococcosis.Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2008; 29: 141-150
Potential Competing Interests: The authors report no competing interests.