Patients and Methods
Abbreviations and Acronyms:EDSS (Expanded Disability Status Scale), HC (healthy controls), McS (McArdle sign), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), MS (multiple sclerosis), OM (other myelopathy), PNL (peripheral nerve lesion), ROC (receiver operating characteristic curve)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diagnosis of multiple sclerosis: 2017 revisions of the McDonald criteria.Lancet Neurol. 2018; 17: 162-173
- The contemporary spectrum of multiple sclerosis misdiagnosis: a multicenter study.Neurology. 2016; 87: 1393-1399
- Solitary sclerosis: progressive myelopathy from solitary demyelinating lesion.Neurology. 2012; 78: 540-544
- Differential diagnosis of suspected multiple sclerosis: a consensus approach.Mult Scler. 2008; 14: 1157-1174
- McArdle's sign in multiple sclerosis.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1987; 50: 1691-1693
- McArdle's sign in multiple sclerosis [letter].J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1988; 51: 1110
- Progressive solitary sclerosis: gradual motor impairment from a single CNS demyelinating lesion.Neurology. 2016; 87: 1713-1719
- Anatomic-radiologic basis of Lhermitte's sign in multiple sclerosis.Arch Neurol. 1993; 50: 849-851
- Lhermitte's sign: the current status.Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2015; 18: 154-156
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2010 revisions to the McDonald criteria.Ann Neurol. 2011; 69: 292-302
- Short myelitis lesions in aquaporin-4-IgG–positive neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders.JAMA Neurol. 2015; 72: 81-87
For Limelight, see page 1391
Grant Support: This work was supported by a grant from the Center for Multiple Sclerosis and Autoimmune Neurology at Mayo Clinic and funds from the Materials and Structural Testing Resource Core of Mayo Clinic.
Potential Competing Interests: Dr Weinshenker is a member of adjudication boards and data safety monitoring committees for Alexion, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, and Viela Bio, is a consultant for BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics, Caladrius Biosciences, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, and Roivant Sciences Ltd, and has received travel expenses from Alexion. The other authors report no competing interests.