Is There a Surprise in Who Is Getting Hospitalized and Rehospitalized?
Can We Blame the CIED Implantation?
Claims Data: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Rehospitalization—Big Data and Big Picture
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010.
- Rehospitalizations among patients in the Medicare fee-for-service program.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 1418-1428
- Trends in hospital admissions for and readmissions after cardiac implantable electronic device procedures in the United States: an analysis from 2010 to 2014 using the National Readmission Database.Mayo Clin Proc. 2019; 94: 588-598
- Diagnoses and timing of 30-day readmissions after hospitalization for heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, or pneumonia.JAMA. 2013; 309: 355-363
- Etiologies, Trends, and Predictors of 30-Day Readmission in Patients With Heart Failure.Am J Cardiol. 2017; 119: 760-769
- Variation in surgical-readmission rates and quality of hospital care.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 1134-1142
- Frequency of in-hospital adverse outcomes and cost utilization associated with cardiac resynchronization therapy defibrillator implantation in the United States.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2018; 29: 1425-1435
- Adherence to Methodological Standards in Research Using the National Inpatient Sample.JAMA. 2017; 318: 2011-2018
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010.https://www.congress.gov/111/plaws/publ148/PLAW-111publ148.pdfDate: 2010Date accessed: March 1, 2019
See also page 588
Potential Competing Interests: The authors report no competing interests.