Patients and Methods
Abbreviations and Acronyms:PCR (polymerase chain reaction), WHO (World Health Organization)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A new Mycobacterium species causing diffuse lepromatous leprosy.Am J Clin Pathol. 2008; 130: 856-864
- Mycobacterium lepromatosis lepromatous leprosy in US citizen who traveled to disease-endemic areas.Emerg Infect Dis. 2017; 23: 1864-1866
- Leprosy fact sheet.(World Health Organization website)Published February 9, 2018. Accessed February 2018)
- Global leprosy update, 2015: time for action, accountability and inclusion.Wkly Epidemiol Rec. 2015; 91: 405-420
- Incidence of Hansen's disease—United States, 1994-2011.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 969-972
- Hansen disease among Micronesian and Marshallese persons living in the United States.Emerg Infect Dis. 2011; 17: 1202-1208
- The leprosy agents Mycobacterium lepromatosis and Mycobacterium leprae in Mexico.Int J Dermatol. 2012; 51: 952-959
- Leprosy therapy, past and present: can we hope to eliminate it?.Indian J Dermatol. 2010; 55: 316-324
- Mycobacterial infections.in: Bolognia J.L. Schaffer J.V. Cerroni L. Dermatology. 4th ed. Elsevier Inc, Philadelphia, PA2018: 1296-1303
For editorial comment, see page 383
Potential Competing Interests: Dr Patel reports grants from CD Diagnostics, Inc , BioFire Diagnostics , Curetis N.V. , Merck & Co, Inc, Hutchison Biofilm Medical Solutions Ltd , Accelerate Diagnostics, Inc , Allergan , and The Medicines Company ; is or has been a consultant to Curetis N.V., Qvella Corporation, St. Jude Medical, Beckman Coulter, Inc, Morgan Stanley, Heraeus Medical GmbH, CorMatrix, Specific Technologies, Diaxonhit, SeLux Diagnostics, Inc, GenMark Diagnostics, Inc, LBT Innovations Pty Ltd, PathoQuest, and Genentech, Inc (all funds paid to Mayo Clinic); has a patent on Bordetella pertussis/parapertussis polymerase chain reaction issued, a patent on a device/method for sonication with royalties paid by Samsung to Mayo Clinic, and a patent on an antibiofilm substance issued; and has served on an Actelion Pharmaceuticals data monitoring board. Dr Virk reports royalties from Travel Health and Wellness, LLC. The other authors report no competing interests.