Patients and Methods
Abbreviations and Acronyms:CRNMB (clinically relevant nonmajor bleeding), DOAC (direct oral anticoagulant), DVT (deep vein thrombosis), PE (pulmonary embolism), RCT (randomized clinical trial), VTE (venous thromboembolism)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Oral apixaban for the treatment of acute venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 799-808
- Oral rivaroxaban for symptomatic venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 2499-2510
- Oral rivaroxaban for the treatment of symptomatic pulmonary embolism.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1287-1297
- Apixaban for extended treatment of venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 699-708
- Rivaroxaban or aspirin for extended treatment of venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 1211-1222
- Oral rivaroxaban versus standard therapy for the treatment of symptomatic venous thromboembolism: a pooled analysis of the EINSTEIN-DVT and PE randomized studies.Thromb J. 2013; 11: 21
- NOACs for treatment of venous thromboembolism in clinical practice.Thromb Haemost. 2017; 117: 1317-1325
- What have we learned from real-world NOAC studies in venous thromboembolism treatment?.Thromb Res. 2018; 163: 83-91
- Efficacy and safety of rivaroxaban in patients with venous thromboembolism and active malignancy: a single-center registry.Am J Med. 2016; 129: 615-619
- Rivaroxaban and apixaban for initial treatment of acute venous thromboembolism of atypical location.Mayo Clin Proc. 2018; 93: 40-47
- Antithrombotic therapy for VTE disease: Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines.Chest. 2012; 141 ([published correction appears in Chest. 2012;142(6):1698-1704]): e419S-e496S
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines: Venous Thromboembolism Disease, Version 2.2014.NCCN, Fort Washington, PA2014: 24
- Antithrombotic therapy for VTE disease: CHEST Guideline and Expert Panel Report.Chest. 2016; 149 ([published correction appears in Chest. 2016]): 315-352
- Direct oral anticoagulants in patients with VTE and cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Chest. 2015; 147: 475-483
- Edoxaban for the treatment of cancer-associated venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 615-624
- Simplification of the pulmonary embolism severity index for prognostication in patients with acute symptomatic pulmonary embolism.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 1383-1389
- Reproducibility of clinical events adjudications in a trial of venous thromboembolism prevention.J Thromb Haemost. 2017; 15: 662-669
- Definition of major bleeding in clinical investigations of antihemostatic medicinal products in non-surgical patients.J Thromb Haemost. 2005; 3: 692-694
- Definition of clinically relevant non-major bleeding in studies of anticoagulants in atrial fibrillation and venous thromboembolic disease in non-surgical patients: communication from the SSC of the ISTH.J Thromb Haemost. 2015; 13: 2119-2126
- Risk factors for incident venous thromboembolism in active cancer patients: a population based case-control study.Thromb Res. 2016; 139: 29-37
Grant Support: This work was partially supported by the discretionary fund from Gonda Vascular Center, Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN.
Potential Competing Interests: Dr McBane has received research grant from Bristol-Myers Squibb/Pfzier Alliance , United States of America. The other authors report no competing interests.