Patients and Methods
Abbreviations and Acronyms:AMI (acute myocardial infarction), aOR (adjusted odds ratio), CABG (coronary artery bypass grafting), CAD (coronary artery disease), FDA (Food and Drug Administration), ICD-9 (International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision), NIS (National Inpatient Sample), NSTEMI (non–ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction), PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention), SCAD (spontaneous coronary artery dissection), STEMI (ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Acute myocardial infarction associated with pregnancy.Ann Intern Med. 1996; 125: 751-762
- Acute myocardial infarction in pregnancy and the puerperium: a population-based study.Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 105: 480-484
- Acute myocardial infarction in pregnancy: a United States population-based study.Circulation. 2006; 113: 1564-1571
- Acute myocardial infarction during pregnancy and puerperium: a review.Angiology. 1996; 47: 739-756
- Acute myocardial infarction associated with pregnancy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 52: 171-180
Houchens RL, Ross D, Elixhauser A. Using the HCUP National Inpatient Sample to Estimate Trends. 2015. HCUP Methods Series Report # 2006-05. U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/methods/methods.jsp. Accessed June 5, 2018.
- Pregnancy-associated acute myocardial infarction: a review of contemporary experience in 150 cases between 2006 and 2011.Circulation. 2014; 129: 1695-1702
- Missed diagnoses of acute cardiac ischemia in the emergency department.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 1163-1170
- Differences in admission rates and outcomes between men and women presenting to emergency departments with coronary syndromes.CMAJ. 2007; 177: 1193-1199
- Cardiovascular disease in young women: a population at risk.Cardiol Rev. 2011; 19: 60-65
- Get with the Guidelines Steering Committee and Investigators. Age and gender differences in quality of care and outcomes for patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction.Am J Med. 2012; 125: 1000-1009
- ESC Guidelines on the management of cardiovascular diseases during pregnancy: the Task Force on the Management of Cardiovascular Diseases during Pregnancy of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).Eur Heart J. 2011; 32: 3147-3197
- Women's Health Initiative Investigators. Estrogen plus progestin and the risk of coronary heart disease.N Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 523-534
- Oral contraceptives and the risk of myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 1787-1793
- Contemporary review on spontaneous coronary artery dissection.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 68: 297-312
- Ischaemic heart disease during pregnancy or post-partum: systematic review and case series.Neth Heart J. 2015; 23: 249-257
- Spontaneous coronary artery dissection: current state of the science: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2018; 137: e523-e557
- Diagnosis and management of type II myocardial infarction: increased demand for a limited supply of evidence.Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2015; 17: 478
- Acute myocardial infarction in women: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2016; 133: 916-947
- Risk of a thrombotic event after the 6-week postpartum period.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 1307-1315
Grant Support: The work was supported by award 5T32HL098129 (N.R.S.) from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the National Institutes of Health.
Potential Competing Interests: The authors report no competing interests.