Participants and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- U.S. pet ownership & demographics sourcebook (2012).http://www.avma.org/KB/Resources/Statistics/Pages/Market-research-statistics-US-Pet-Ownership-Demographics-Sourcebook.aspx(Accessed December 10, 2013)
- Should we let sleeping dogs lie…with us? synthesizing the literature and setting the agenda for research on human-animal co-sleeping practices.Humanimalia. 2014; 6: 114-127
- Pets and sleep.Sleep. 2002; 25 ([abstract]): A520
- Are pets in the bedroom a problem?.Mayo Clin Proc. 2015; 90: 1663-1665
- Objectively measured sleep characteristics among early-middle-aged adults: the CARDIA study.Am J Epidemiol. 2006; 164: 5-16
- Dogs and Human Health: The New Science of Dog Therapy and Therapy Dogs.Balboa Press, Bloomington, IN2015
- Determination and application of cut points for accelerometer-based activity counts of activities with differing intensity in pet dogs.Am J Vet Res. 2011; 72: 866-870
- Evaluation of an accelerometer for at-home monitoring of spontaneous activity in dogs.Am J Vet Res. 2007; 68: 468-475
- Evaluation of optimal sampling interval for activity monitoring in companion dogs.Am J Vet Res. 2009; 70: 444-448
Grant Support: This study was funded by a small projects grant from Mayo Clinic in Arizona. The Actiwatches and FitBarks were purchased from the manufacturers.
Data Previously Presented: These data were presented as an abstract at the 30th Anniversary Meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies LLC in Denver, CO.