Abbreviations and Acronyms:DOAC (direct oral anticoagulant), FDA (Food and Drug Administration), INR (international normalized ratio), VTE (venous thromboembolism)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Safety of arthrocentesis and joint injection in patients receiving anticoagulation at therapeutic levels.Am J Med. 2012; 125: 265-269
- Oral apixaban for the treatment of acute venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 799-808
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361 ([published correction appears in N Engl J Med. 2010;363(19):1877]): 1139-1151
- Edoxaban versus warfarin for the treatment of symptomatic venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369 ([published correction appears in N Engl J Med. 2014;370(4):390]): 1406-1415
- Oral rivaroxaban for the treatment of symptomatic pulmonary embolism.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1287-1297
- Oral direct thrombin inhibitors or oral factor Xa inhibitors for the treatment of deep vein thrombosis.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; : CD010956
- Oral direct thrombin inhibitors or oral factor Xa inhibitors for the treatment of pulmonary embolism.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; : CD010957
- Determination of a safe INR for joint injections in patients taking warfarin.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2015; 97: 589-591
- Safety of joint and soft tissue injections in patients on warfarin anticoagulation.Clin Rheumatol. 2013; 32: 1811-1814
- Is it safe to perform joint infiltrations or aspirations in patients anticoagulated with acenocoumarol?.Reumatol Clin. 2015; 11: 9-11
- A prospective study of the safety of joint and soft tissue aspirations and injections in patients taking warfarin sodium.Arthritis Rheum. 1998; 41: 736-739
- Frequency of the bleeding risk in patients receiving warfarin submitted to arthrocentesis of the knee.Reumatismo. 2003; 55 ([in Italian]): 159-163
- Management of antithrombotic therapy in patients undergoing invasive procedures.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 2113-2124
Pradaxa [package insert]. Ridgefield, CT: Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc; 2015.
- Direct comparison of dabigatran, rivaroxaban, and apixaban for effectiveness and safety in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.Chest. 2016; 150: 1302-1312
For editorial comment, see page 1176