- a.Gastric cancer is the second most common type of cancer worldwide
- b.The widespread use of upper gastrointestinal tract endoscopy has had no effect on the on the detection of superficial gastric cancers
- c.Even early gastric cancers are uniformly fatal
- d.Signet ring cell carcinomas are classified as tubal or intestinal-type gastric cancer
- Dinis-Ribeiro M.
- Areia M.
- de Vries A.C.
- et al.
- Management of precancerous conditions and lesions in the stomach (MAPS): guideline from the European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE), European Helicobacter Study Group (EHSG), European Society of Pathology (ESP), and the Sociedade Portuguesa de Endoscopia Digestiva (SPED).Endoscopy. 2012; 44: 74-94