Patients and Methods
Abbreviations and Acronyms:ATC (admission and transfer center), CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure), CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), ETT (endotracheal tube), HIE (hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy), NA (not applicable), NICU (neonatal intensive care unit), PEEP (positive end-expiratory pressure), PIP (peak inspiratory pressure), PPV (positive pressure ventilation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation in the delivery room: associated clinical events.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1995; 149: 20-25
- Use and efficacy of endotracheal versus intravenous epinephrine during neonatal cardiopulmonary resuscitation in the delivery room.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: 1028-1034
- Level and volume of neonatal intensive care and mortality in very-low-birth-weight infants.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356: 2165-2175
- The effects of patient volume and level of care at the hospital of birth on neonatal mortality.JAMA. 1996; 276: 1054-1059
- Mortality in low birth weight infants according to level of neonatal care at hospital of birth.Pediatrics. 2002; 109: 745-751
- The differential impact of delivery hospital on the outcomes of premature infants.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: 270-278
- Proficiency and retention of neonatal resuscitation skills by pediatric residents.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: 515-521
- Retention of neonatal resuscitation skills and knowledge: a randomized controlled trial.Fam Med. 1998; 30: 705-711
- Telemedicine in pediatric cardiac critical care.Telemed J E Health. 2012; 18: 132-136
- Telemedicine collaboration improves perinatal regionalization and lowers statewide infant mortality.J Perinatol. 2013; 33: 725-730
- Real-time video communication improves provider performance in a simulated neonatal resuscitation.Resuscitation. 2014; 85: 1518-1522
- Remote video neonatal consultation: a system to improve neonatal quality, safety and efficiency.Resuscitation. 2014; 85: e29-e30
Understanding air ambulance insurance. National Association of Insurance Commissioners website. http://www.naic.org/documents/consumer_alert_understanding_air_ambulance_insurance.htm. Accessed July 1, 2016.
- The use of mobile robotic telemedicine technology in the neonatal intensive care unit.J Perinatol. 2012; 32: 55-63
- Telemedicine for genetic and neurologic evaluation in the neonatal intensive care unit.J Perinatol. 2014; 34: 234-240
Preventing infant death and injury during delivery: Sentinel Event Alert, Issue 30. The Joint Commission website. http://www.jointcommission.org/assets/1/18/SEA_30.PDF. Published July 21, 2004. Accessed January 8, 2016.
- Teamwork during resuscitation.Pediatr Clin North Am. 2008; 55: 1011-1024
- Teamwork and quality during neonatal care in the delivery room.J Perinatol. 2006; 26: 163-169
- Impact of telemedicine on hospital transport, length of stay, and medical outcomes in infants with suspected heart disease: a multicenter study.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2013; 26: 1090-1098
- Efficacy of telemedicine for stroke: pooled analysis of the Stroke Team Remote Evaluation Using a Digital Observation Camera (STRokE DOC) and STRokE DOC Arizona telestroke trials.Telemed J E Health. 2012; 18: 230-237
- The empirical evidence for telemedicine interventions in mental disorders.Telemed J E Health. 2016; 22: 87-113
- Telecare collaborative management of chronic pain in primary care: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2014; 312: 240-248
Grant Support: This publication was supported by grant UL1TR000135 from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences .