Patients and Methods
Abbreviations and Acronyms:CV (cardiovascular), ECG (electrocardiogram), ER (early repolarization), HR (hazard ratio), TWI (T-wave inversion), VA (Veterans Administration)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Sudden cardiac arrest associated with early repolarization.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 2016-2023
- Long-term outcome associated with early repolarization on electrocardiography [published online ahead of print November 16, 2009].N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 2529-2537
- The early repolarization normal variant electrocardiogram: correlates and consequences.Am J Med. 2003; 115: 171-177
- Early repolarization in an ambulatory clinical population [published online ahead of print October 10, 2011].Circulation. 2011; 124: 2208-2214
- Classification of the electrocardiogram for population studies: Minnesota code.J Electrocardiol. 1969; 2: 305-310
- Association of early repolarization pattern on ECG with risk of cardiac and all-cause mortality: a population-based prospective cohort study (MONICA/KORA).PLoS Med. 2010; 7: e1000314
- Incidence and prognostic value of early repolarization pattern in the 12-lead electrocardiogram [published online ahead of print June 6, 2011].Circulation. 2011; 123: 2931-2937
- Electrocardiographic phenotypes associated with favorable long-term outcome [published online ahead of print May 31, 2011].Circulation. 2011; 123: 2666-2673
- Distinguishing “benign” from “malignant early repolarization”: the value of the ST-segment morphology [published online ahead of print September 10, 2011].Heart Rhythm. 2012; 9: 225-229
Perez MV, Friday K, Froelicher V. Semantic confusion: the case of early repolarization and the J point [published online ahead of print February 14, 2012]. Am J Med. In press.
- Physicians Guide Veritas 12 Lead Interpretative Program 2005.Accessed August 5, 2011)
- 12 Lead ECG Algorithm Physicians Guide 2005.http://incenter.medical.philips.com/doclib/enc/fetch/2000/4504/577243/577245/577817/577818/12-Lead Algorithm Physicians Guide for Algorithm Version PH080A%2c (ENG).pdf%3fnodeid%3d3325283%26vernum%3d1(Accessed August 5, 2011)
- Physician's Guide.http://www.welchallyn.com/documents/Cardiopulmonary/Electrocardiographs/CP300/PhysicianGuide_20090916_CP300.pdf(Accessed August 5, 2011)Date: 2009
- Diagnostic ECG Algorithms.Accessed August 5, 2011)
- Computer decision support as a source of interpretation error: the case of electrocardiograms.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2003; 10: 478-483
- The effect of erroneous computer interpretation of ECGs on resident decision making [published online ahead of print May 21, 2009].Med Decis Making. 2009; 29: 372-376
- The impact of computer-assisted test interpretation on physician decision making: the case of electrocardiograms.Med Decis Making. 1997; 17: 80-86
- The early repolarization variant: normal or a marker of heart disease in certain subjects.J Electrocardiol. 2007; 40: 3.e11-3.e16
- J wave syndromes [published online ahead of print December 11, 2009].Heart Rhythm. 2010; 7: 549-558
- Sudden cardio arrest: when normal ECG variants turn lethal.Nat Med. 2010; 16: 646-647
- Spatial vector electrocardiography: the clinical characteristics of S-T and T vectors.Circulation. 1951; 3: 182-197
For editorial comment, see page 610
Potential Competing Interests: Dr Froelicher is co-owner and Chief Medical Officer of Cardea Associates, Inc, Woodinville, WA, developers of software and hardware for screening for cardiovascular risk.