Abbreviations and Acronyms:CASS (Composite Autonomic Severity Score), COMPASS (Composite Autonomic Symptom Score), HUT (head-up tilt), POTS (postural tachycardia syndrome)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Comparison of the postural tachycardia syndrome (POTS) with orthostatic hypotension due to autonomic failure.J Auton Nerv Syst. 1994; 50: 181-188
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome: the Mayo Clinic experience.Mayo Clin Proc. 2007; 82: 308-313
- The neuropathic postural tachycardia syndrome.N Engl J Med. 2000; 343: 1008-1014
- Postural tachycardia syndrome (POTS).J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2009; 20: 352-358
- Renin-aldosterone paradox and perturbed blood volume regulation underlying postural tachycardia syndrome.Circulation. 2005; 111: 1574-1582
- Idiopathic postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome: an attenuated form of acute pandysautonomia?.Neurology. 1993; 43: 132-137
- Postural tachycardia syndrome: clinical features and follow-up study.Mayo Clin Proc. 1999; 74: 1106-1110
- Increased sympathetic activation in idiopathic orthostatic intolerance: role of systemic adrenoreceptor sensitivity.Hypertension. 2002; 39: 173-178
- Postural tachycardia syndrome.in: Low P.A. Benarroch E.E. Clinical Autonomic Disorders. 3rd ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA2008: 515-533
- The autonomic laboratory.Am J Electroneurodiagnostic Technol. 1999; 39: 65-76
- Testing the autonomic nervous system.Semin Neurol. 2003; 23: 407-421
- Effect of age and gender on sudomotor and cardiovagal function and blood pressure response to tilt in normal subjects.Muscle Nerve. 1997; 20: 1561-1568
- Composite autonomic scoring scale for laboratory quantification of generalized autonomic failure.Mayo Clin Proc. 1993; 68: 748-752
- The Autonomic Symptom Profile: a new instrument to assess autonomic symptoms.Neurology. 1999; 52: 523-528
- Salt supplementation increases plasma volume and orthostatic tolerance in patients with unexplained syncope.Heart. 1996; 75: 134-140
- Limb venous compliance in patients with idiopathic orthostatic intolerance and postural tachycardia.J Appl Physiol. 2002; 93: 636-644
- Pooling in chronic orthostatic intolerance: arterial vasoconstrictive but not venous compliance defects.Circulation. 2002; 105: 2274-2281
Grant Support: This work was supported in part by National Institutes of Health ( NS 32352 Autonomic Disorders Program Project, NS 44233 Pathogenesis and Diagnosis of Multiple System Atrophy, U54 NS065736 Autonomic Rare Disease Clinical Consortium), Mayo CTSA ( UL1 RR24150 ), and Mayo Funds. The Autonomic Diseases Consortium is a part of the National Institutes of Health Rare Diseases Clinical Research Network (RDCRN). Funding and/or programmatic support for this project has been provided by U54 NS065736 from the National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Stroke and the National Institutes of Health Office of Rare Diseases Research .
Disclaimer: The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke or the National Institutes of Health.
Potential Competing Interests: Dr Low is a consultant to WR Medical, Stillwater, MN.