PATIENTS AND METHODS
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Incidence of coronary heart disease and Lipoprotein cholesterol levels: the Framingham Study.JAMA. 1986; 256: 2835-2838
- Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial Research Group. Serum cholesterol level and mortality findings for men screened in the Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial.Arch Intern Med. 1992; 152: 1490-1500
- The Lipid Research Clinics Coronary Primary Prevention Trial results, I: reduction in incidence of coronary heart disease.JAMA. 1984; 251: 351-364
- Helsinki Heart Study: primary-prevention trial with gemfibrozil in middle-aged men with dyslipidemia: safety of treatment, changes in risk factors, and incidence of coronary heart disease.N Engl J Med. 1987; 317: I237-1245
- Randomised trial of cholesterol lowering in 4444 patients with coronary heart disease: the Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4S).Lancet. 1994; 344: 1383-1389
- West of Scotland Coronary Prevention Study Group. Prevention of coronary heart disease with pravastatin in men with hypercholesterolemia.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 1301-1307
- Cholesterol and Recurrent Events Trial Investigators. The effect of pravastatin on coronary events after myocardial infarction in patients with average cholesterol levels.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 1001-1009
- MARS Research Group. Coronary angiographic changes with lovastatin therapy: the Monitored Atherosclerosis Regression Study (MARS).Ann Intern Med. 1993; 119: 969-976
- Effects of lipid lowering by pravastatin on progression and regression of coronary artery disease in symptomatic men with normal to moderately elevated serum cholesterol levels: the Regression Growth Evaluation Statin Study (REGRESS).Circulation. 1995; 91: 2528-2540
- Atorvastatin in the treatment of primary hypercholsterolemia and mixed dyslipidemias.Ann Pharmacother. 1998; 32: 1030-1043
- Cerivastatin: pharmacology of a novel synthetic and highly active HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor.Atherosclerosis. 1997; 135: 119-130
- Clinical efficacy and safety of cerivastatin: summary of pivotal phase Ilb/III studies.Am J Cardiol. 1998; 82: 32J-39J
- Cerivastatin in primary hyperlipidemia: a multicenter analysis of efficacy and safety.Am J Cardiol. 1998; 82: 40J-46J
- Efficacy and safety of cerivastatin, 0.2 mg and 0.4 mg, in patients with primary hypercholesterolaemia: a multinational, randomised, double-blind study.Curr Med Res Opin. 1999; 15: 228-240
- Cerivastatin in the treatment of mixed hyperlipidemia: the RIGHT study.Am J Cardiol. 1998; 82: 47J-51J
- Prevention of cardiovascular events and death with pravastatin in patients with coronary heart disease and a broad range of initial cholesterol levels.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 1349-1357
- Effects of pravastatin in patients with serum total cholesterol levels from 5.2 to 7.8 mmol/liter (200 to 300 mg/dl) plus two additional atherosclerotic risk factors.Am J Cardiol. 1993; 72: 1031-1037
- Once-daily pravastatin in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia: a dose-response study.Clin Cardiol. 1991; 14: 146-151
- Pravastatin vs gemfibrozil in the treatment of primary hypercholesterolemia: the Italian Multi-center Pravastatin Study I.Arch Intern Med. 1991; 151: 146-152
- Comparison of long-term efficacy and safety of cerivastatin versus pravastatin in primary hypercholesterolaemia.J Clin Res. 1999; 2: 141-153
- Cerivastatin in primary hyperlipidemia—a multicenter analysis of efficacy and safety.Atherosclerosis. 1998; 139: S15-S22
- The rule of 5 and the rule of 7 in lipid-lowering by statin drugs [editorial].Am J Cardiol. 1997; 80: 106-107
- Efficacy and safety of pravastatin in African Americans with primary hypercholesterolemia.Arch Intern Med. 1995; 155: 1900-1906
- Comparison of the short-term efficacy and tolerability of lovastatin and pravastatin in the management of primary hypercholesterolemia.Clin Ther. 1992; 14: 276-291
- Effects of fluvastatin and pravastatin on lipid profiles and thromboxane production in type IIa hypercholcsterolemia.Am J Cardiol. 1995; 76: 51A-53A
- Changes in serum lipoprotein(a) in hyperlipidemic subjects under going long-term treatment with lipid-lowering drugs.Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 1995; 9: 677-684
A complete list of the principal investigators in the Cerivastatin Study Group appears at the end of this article.
This study was funded by SmithKline Beecham Corporation and by Bayer Corporation, Pharmaceutical Division.
Drs Dujovne, Knopp, Kwiterovich, and Hunninghake have participated in paid product consultancies and received honoraria from SmithKline Beecham and from Bayer. Ms McBride and Ms Poland are employees of SmithKline Beecham.