Subjects and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Causal explanations as a risk factor for depression: theory and evidence.Psychol Rev. 1984; 91: 347-374
- Learned helplessness in humans: critique and reformulation.J Abnorm Psychol. 1978; 87: 49-74
Peterson C. Seligman ME. Vaillant GE. Pessimistic explanatory style is a risk factor for physical illness: a thirty-five-year longitudinal study. J Pers Soc Psychol. 1988;55:23–27.
- Springer-Verlag, New York, NY1989: 106-147 Attribution.
- Depressive attributional style.J Abnorm Psychoi. 1979; 88: 242-247
- Explanatory style as a risk factor for illness.Cognit Ther Res. 1988; 12: 119-132
- An MMPI Source Book: Basic Item, Scale, and Pattern Data on 50,000 Medical Patients. University of Minnesota Press, Minneapolis1973
- PSM-R: revised Optimism-Pessimism Scale for the MMPI-2 and MMPI.J Clin Psychoi. 1995; 51: 205-214
- CAVEing the MMPI for an Optimism-Pessimism Scale: Seligman's attributional model and the assessment of explanatory style.J Clin Psychol. 1994; 50: 71-95
- Nonparametrie estimation from incomplete observations.J Am Stat Assoc. 1958; 53: 457-481
- Regression models and life-tables [with discussion].J Am Stat Assoc. 1972; 34: 187-220
- A class of rank test procedures for censored survival data.Biometrika. 1982; 69: 553-566
- SAS Procedure. Version 6. 3rd ed. SAS Institute, Cary, NC1990
- S-Plus Reference Manual. Stal Sci. a Division of Math Sofl, Seattle, Wash1993 (Version 3.2)
- Explanatory style and illness.J Pets. 1987; 55: 237-265
Seligman MEP. Applications of learned helplessness and self-blame research. Paper presented at: Midwesl Society of Behavioral Medicine: July 10-12. 1987: Lake Okoboji. Iowa.
- A comparison of the psychological and hormonal factors in women with and without premenstrual syndrome.J Abnorm Psychol. 1988; 97: 429-436
- The role of psychological fadors in cancer onset and progression.Psychosomatics. 1991; 32: 124-132
- Coping and immunosuppression: inescapable but not escapable shock suppresses lymphocyte proliferation.Science. 1983; 221: 568-570
- Tumor rejection in rats after inescapable or escapable shock.Science. 1982; 216: 437-439
- Explanatory Style. L Erlbaum, Hillsdale, NJ1995
- Learned Optimism. AA Knopf, New York, NY1991