Materials and Methods
Abbreviations:AHI (apnea-hypopnea index), Arl (arousal index), CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure), NREM (non-rapid eye movement), OSA (obstructive sleep apnea), Stl-2 (stages 1–2)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The occurrence of sleep-disordered breathing among middle-aged adults.N Engl J Med. 1993; 328: 1230-1235
- Acute effects of transdermal nicotine on sleep architecture, snoring, and sleep-disordered breathing in nonsmokcrs.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1994; 150: 469-474
- The reliability of arousal threshold during sleep.Psychophysiology. 1978; 15: 412-416
- Shepard Jr, JW Atlas of Sleep Medicine. Futura Publishing Co, Inc, Mount Kisco, NY1991
- A Manual of Standardized Terminology, Techniques and Scoring System for Sleep Stages of Human Subjects. Brain Information Service, Los Angeles, Calif1968
- EEG arousals: scoring rules and examples: a preliminary report from the Sleep Disorders Atlas Task Force of the American Sleep Disorders Association.Sleep. 1992; 15: 173-184
- The World Almanac and Book of Facts. World Almanac Books, Mahwah, NJ1997
- Subjective and objective assessment of uvulopalalopharyngoplasty for treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1994; 150: 1286-1290
- Bed partners' assessment of nasal continuous positive airway pressure therapy in obstructive sleep apnea.Chest. 1997; 111: 1261-1265
- Effect of sleep disruption on sleep, performance, and mood.Sleep. 1985; 8: 11-19