Material and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Valway S Cancer Mortality Among Native Americans in the United States: Regional Differences in Indian Health, 1984-88; Trends Over Time, 1968-1987. US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Indian Health Service, Rockville (MD)1991: 39 (110)
- Native American Monograph No, 1: Documentation of the Cancer Research Needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. National Cancer Institute, Bethesda (MD)1993 (Publication No. NIH 93-3603)
- Healthy People 2000 at mid decade.JAMA. 1995; 273: 1123-1129
- Cancer risk factors in three Sioux tribes: use of the Indian-specific health risk appraisal for data collection and analysis.Alaska Med. 1993; 35: 265-272
- The Forgotten Minority: Delivering Health Care to American Indians. Northwest Report No. 13. Northwest Area Foundation, St. Paul1993 Jan: 23-27
- The role of nurses in a comprehensive cancer screening programme for women in Finland.in: Pritchard AP Cancer Nursing a Revolution in Care: Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Cancer Nursing: London, 4th-9th September, 1988. Springer Publishing Company, New York1989: 135-137
- The quality of Pap test specimens collected by nurses in a breast and cervical cancer screening clinic.Am J Prev Med. 1998; 14: 196-200
- Continuous quality improvement of Pap smears in an ambulatory care facility.QRB Dual Rev Bull. 1992; 18: 229-235
- Physicians' abilities to detect lumps in silicone breast models.JAMA. 1985; 253: 2224-2228
- Free Press, New York1983: 163-240 Diffusion of Innovations. 3rd ed.
- The Process of Technological Innovation: Reviewing the Literature. Productivity Improvement Research Section, Division of Industrial Science and Technological Innovation, National Science Foundation, Washington (DC)1983 (Report No. NSF 83-37)
- Creating Change in Mentai Hearth Organizations. Pergamon Press, New York1974
- Innovation and Social Process: A National Experiment in Implementing Social Technology. Pergamon Press, New York1980
- Achieving competence in clinical breast examination.Nurse Pract Forum. 1993; 4: 85-90
- Center for Research in Ambulatory Health Care Administration, Englewood (CO)1994: 27 Quality Improvement: Practical Ap plications for Medical Group Practices.
- A framework for the continual improvement of health care: building and applying professional and improvement knowledge to test changes in daily work.J Comm J Q Improv. 1993; 19: 424-447
- Continuous improvement as an ideal in health care.N Engl J Med. 1989; 320: 53-56
- Aldine Publishing, Chicago1967: 21-43 (3; 61-254) The Discovery of Grounded Theory: Strategies for Qualitative Research.
- The systematic practice of preventive cardiology.Am J Cardiol. 1987; 59: 690-694
- Lippincott, Philadelphia1963: 105-115 The Structure and Dynamics of Organizations and Groups.
- University of Minnesota Press, Minneapolis1979: 429-434 The Rise of Surgery.
- Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Objectives. US Government Printing Office, Washington (DC)1991: 430 (Publication No. PHS 91-50212)
- International cardiovascular epidemiology: introductory remarks.in: Keys A White PD Cardiovascular Epidemiology. Paul B Hoeber, New York1956: 3
- The epidemiology of coronary heart disease: case studies of five countries.Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am. 1995 Feb; 6: 15-35
- Williams A Wilkins, Baltimore1996: 1xv (1xix) Guide to Clinical Preventive Services. 2nd ed.
- Jossey-Bass, San Francisco1985: 53 Action Science.
- Using continuous quality improvement to increase preventive services in clinical practice—going beyond guidelines.Prev Med. 1996; 25: 254-267
- Making “time” for preventive services.Mayo Clm Proc. 1993; 68: 785-791
- Delivery rates for preventive services in 44 midwestern clinics.Mayo Clin Proc. 1997; 72: 515-523
- Rethinking organization stability as a determinant for innovation adoption and diffusion.NIDA Res Monogr. 1995; 155: 132-146
This study was supported in part by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (cooperative agreement U57/CCU510175) and Grant CA 15083 from the National Cancer Institute.