Subjects and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Factors that shape alternative medicine.JAMA. 1998; 280: 1621-1623
- Enhancing Accountability of Alternative Medicine. Milbank Memorial Fund, New York, NY1998
- Trends in alternative medicine use in the United States, 1990-1997: results of a follow-up national survey.JAMA. 1998; 280: 1569-1575
- Use of complementary therapies for arthritis among patients of rheumatologists.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 131: 409-416
- Physicians' ethical obligations regarding alternative medicine.JAMA. 1998; 280: 1623-1625
- The Q-Ray.Accessibility verified August 2, 2002.)
- Is the placebo powerless? an analysis of clinical trials comparing placebo with no treatment.N Engl J Med. 2001; 344: 1594-1602
- The placebo effect in alternative medicine: can the performance of a healing ritual have clinical significance?.Ann Intern Med. 2002; 136: 817-825
Dr Montero is in private practice in Chesapeake, Va. Dr Adams is in private practice in Athens, Ga. Dr Novas is in the Medical Corps, United States Air Force, San Antonio, Tex. Dr McKay is in private practice in Dade City, Fla. Dr Mueller is in private practice in Crystal River, Fla