PATIENTS AND METHODS
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Patient-practitioner relationship and compliance with prescribed medical regimens.in: Aiken LH Mechanic D Applications of Social Science to Clinical Medicine and Health Policy. Rutgers University Press, New Brunswick, NJ1986: 438-459
- Croom Helm, London, England1988: 157-171 Communicating with Patients: Improving Communication, Satisfaction, and Compliance.
Patients' Bill of Rights. Public Health Law 2803 (1) (g) Patients' Rights, 10NYCRR, 405.7, 405.7 (a) (1), 405.7 (a) (2). Available at: www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/hospital/english2.htm. Accessibility verified June 27, 2005.
- Patients' knowledge of medication care plans after hospital discharge.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 1998; 55: 1389-1393
- Patient-physician communication at hospital discharge and patients' understanding of the postdischarge treatment plan.Arch Intern Med. 1997; 157: 1026-1030
- Patients' knowledge concerning their medications on discharge from hospital.J Clin Pharm Ther. 1989; 14: 57-59
- Patient noncompliance can lead to hospital readmissions.Hospitals. 1978; 52 (84.): 79-82
- Factors affecting early unplanned readmission of elderly patients to hospital.BMJ. 1988; 297: 784-787
Makaryus AN, Friedman EA. Does your patient know your name? an approach to enhancing patient awareness of their physician's and nurse's name in a large municipal teaching hospital. J Healthcare Quality In press.