Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Action on obesity: report of a Mayo Clinic national summit.Mayo Clin Proc. 2005; 80: 527-532
- Actual causes of death in the United States, 2000 [published corrections appear in JAMA. 2005; 293:293-294, 298].JAMA. 2004; 291: 1238-1245
- Walking 10,000 steps/day or more reduces blood pressure and sympathetic nerve activity in mild essential hypertension.Hypertens Res. 2000; 23: 573-580
- How many steps/day are enough? preliminary pedometer indices for public health.Sports Med. 2004; 34: 1-8
- Comparison of walking recommendations in previously inactive women.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2005; 37: 676-683
- Accumulating 10,000 steps: does this meet current physical activity guidelines?.Res Q Exerc Sport. 2003; 74: 389-394
- National Golf Foundation Web site.Accessed June 23, 2006.)
- The benefits of walking the golf course: effects on lipoprotein levels and risk ratios.Physician Sportsmed. 1990; 18: 77-80
- Golf: exercise for fitness and health.in: Farrally MR Cochran AJ Science and Golf III: Proceedings of the World Scientific Congress of Golf. Human Kinetics, Champaign, Ill1999: 51-57
- Heart rate and metabolic responses to participation in golf.J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 1989; 29: 269-272
- A controlled trial of the health benefits of regular walking on a golf course.Am J Med. 2000; 109: 102-108
- Physical activity level during a round of golf on a hilly course.J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 1999; 39: 321-327
- Commercially available pedometers: considerations for accurate step counting.Prev Med. 2004; 39: 361-368
- Foundations of Clinical Research: Applications to Practice. 2nd ed. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ2000
- Basic gait parameters: reference data for normal subjects, 10-79 years of age.J Rehabil Res Dev. 1993; 30: 210-223
Financial support for this research was provided by the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the Sports Medicine Center.