PATIENTS AND METHODS
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Principles of appropriate antibiotic use for acute pharyngitis in adults: background.Ann Emerg Med. 2001; 37: 711-719
- Management of acute pharyngitis in adults: reliability of rapid streptococcal tests and clinical findings.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 640-644
- Diagnosis of strep throat in adults: are clinical criteria really good enough?.Clin Infect Dis. 2002; 35: 126-129
- Practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of group A streptococcal pharyngitis.Clin Infect Dis. 2002; 35: 113-125
- Prevention of rheumatic fever: treatment of the preceding streptococcic infection.J Am Med Assoc. 1950; 143: 151-153
- Use of a high-sensitivity rapid strep test without culture confirmation of negative results: 2 years' experience.J Fam Pract. 2000; 49: 34-38
- Antibiotic treatment of adults with sore throat by community primary care physicians: a national survey, 1989-1999.JAMA. 2001; 286: 1181-1186
- Antibiotics for treatment of acute respiratory tract infections: decreasing benefit, increasing risk, and the irrelevance of antimicrobial resistance [editorial].Clin Infect Dis. 2008; 47: 744-746
- Understanding the culture of prescribing: qualitative study of general practitioners' and patients' perceptions of antibiotics for sore throats.BMJ. 1998; 317: 637-642