PATIENTS AND METHODS
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Management and 6-month outcomes in elderly and very elderly patients with high-risk non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes: the Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events.Eur Heart J. 2008; 29: 1275-1282
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Adapting a clinical comorbidity index for use with ICD-9-CM administrative data: differing perspectives.J Clin Epidemiol. 1993; 46: 1075-1079
- The prognostic importance of comorbidity for mortality in patients with stable coronary artery disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 43: 576-582
- PREDICT: a simple risk score for clinical severity and long-term prognosis after hospitalization for acute myocardial infarction or unstable angina: the Minnesota Heart Survey.Circulation. 1999; 100: 599-607
- Prognostic value of charlson comorbidity index at 30 days and 1 year after acute myocardial infarction.Rev Esp Cardiol. 2004; 57: 842-849
- Influence of comorbidity on admission management and pharmacological treatment prescribed at discharge in acute myocardial infarction.Med Clin (Barc). 2005; 124: 447-450
- Evaluation of comorbidity scores to predict all-cause mortality in patients with established coronary artery disease.Int J Cardiol. 2007; 117: 97-102
- Comorbid conditions and outcomes after percutaneous coronary intervention.Heart. 2008; 94: 1424-1428
- The TIMI risk score for unstable angina/non–ST elevation MI: a method for prognostication and therapeutic decision making.JAMA. 2000; 284: 835-842
- Predictors of outcome in patients with acute coronary syndromes without persistent ST-segment elevation: results from an international trial of 9461 patients.Circulation. 2000; 101: 2557-2567
- FRISC score for selection of patients for an early invasive treatment strategy in unstable coronary artery disease.Heart. 2005; 91: 1047-1052
- Predictors of hospital mortality in the global registry of acute coronary events.Arch Intern Med. 2003; 163: 2345-2353
- Utilization of early invasive management strategies for high-risk patients with non–ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes: results from the CRUSADE quality improvement initiative.JAMA. 2004; 292: 2096-3104
- MASCARA (Manejo del Síndrome Coronario Agudo. Registro Actualizado) Study. General findings [article in English, Spanish].Rev Esp Cardiol. 2008; 61: 803-816
- Emergency room risk stratification of patients with chest pain without ST segment elevation.Rev Esp Cardiol. 2003; 56: 955-962
- New risk score for patients with acute chest pain, non-ST-segment deviation and normal troponin concentrations: a comparison with the TIMI risk score.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 46: 443-449
- Non-ST-elevation acute myocardial infarction with normal coronary arteries: predictors and prognosis.Rev Esp Cardiol. 2009; 62: 1260-1266
- Prognostic usefulness of white blood cell count on admission and one-year outcome in patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute chest pain.Am J Cardiol. 2006; 98: 885-889
- Reduced glomerular filtration rate and its association with clinical outcome in older patients at risk of vascular events: Secondary analysis.PLoS Med. 2009; 6: e16
- A new equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 604-612
- Causes of ineligibility in randomized controlled trials and long-term mortality in patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes.Int J Cardiol. 2008; 124: 86-91
- Relation between renal function and outcomes in patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome: real-world data from the European Public Health Outcome and Indicators Collection Project.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 888-895
- Geriatric conditions and subsequent mortality in older patients with heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55: 309-316
- Predicting one-year mortality among elderly survivors of hospitalization for an acute myocardial infarction: results from the cooperative cardiovascular project.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001; 38: 453-459
- Frailty and its potential relevance to cardiovascular care.Mayo Clin Proc. 2008; 83: 1146-1153
- Temporal trends in the use of early cardiac catheterization in patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome (results from CRUSADE).Am J Cardiol. 2006; 98: 1172-1176
- Intervention in acute coronary syndromes: do patients undergo intervention on the basis of their characteristics? The Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE).Heart. 2007; 93 (2309-2314.): 177-182
This work was supported in part by the Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación, Instituto de Salud Carlos III (FEDER), Red HERACLES RD06/0009 . Drs Sanchis, Bosch, and Heras were also supported by a grant ( FIS PI080634 ; Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain ).
Drs García-Alvarez, Regueiro, Bosch, and Heras received an unrestricted grant from GlaxoSmithKline for assembling the validation cohort.
An earlier version of this article appeared Online First.